Warehouse Robotics Company Touts New Customers, Hires and Product Updates
6 River Systems, Inc. (“6RS”), the world’s first and only collaborative fulfillment solution, is pleased to announce significant mid-year success. 6RS has expanded its footprint to nearly 300 robots across 20 sites, hired 45 new employees and introduced product upgrades that better position today’s warehouses to win tomorrow’s fulfillment battles.
Companies redefining fulfillment
6 River Systems is on track to meet its goal of 600 robots across 30 sites by end of 2018. Companies big and small are fed up with traditional warehouse automation options and are hungry for more flexible solutions that can get to work quicker. The following businesses are two of the new companies 6RS signed in the first half of the year:
ACT Fulfillment, Inc. has been providing supply chain solutions in warehousing and fulfillment services since 1994. ACT wanted to invest in an adaptable robotics solution that could be deployed quickly for one of their high profile accounts. ACT was one of the first companies to deploy a 3-level Chuck, which the 3PL uses for their shoe fulfillment business.
6 River Systems is now in the business of supporting companies that save lives. Medline is a global manufacturer and distributor of medical products with patient-centered solutions, services and expertise across the continuum of care.
“We only win when our customers win,” said co-CEO Jerome Dubois. “Warehouse operators are realizing they don’t need to settle for the status quo: traditional automation that is inflexible, costly and lengthy to implement. We are very excited about the recent success, but there is a peak season coming. We’re now laser-focused on deploying and supporting new systems for our customers.”
Hiring 45 new employees this year
Coming off the heels of a recent funding round at the beginning of Q2, the 6 River Systems corporate and recruiting team has been busy hiring new employees. The company has welcomed 45 new employees since the start of the year, and is on track to hit its headcount goal of 100+ by end of year.
Some notable new appointments include Gillan Hawkes, who joins 6 River Systems as Director of Product Management and Félix Rodríguez as Software Engineering Lead of Tools & Simulations. Technology and robotics leader Amy Villeneuve also joined the 6 River Systems Board of Directors in Q2.
“One of our core values is to hire wicked awesome people, and we’re focused on doing just that,” co-CEO Rylan Hamilton said. “As we scale our company with the most skilled workforce, we look to take on even greater challenges in our industry, always with the goal of providing the world’s best fulfillment solutions.”
New features empower pickers and warehouse operators
6 River Systems is pleased to report several exciting product updates this quarter:
- Floor view. This new mapping gives operators a live view of where robots are in their warehouses.
- Replenishment. Chuck’s replenishment capabilities enable pickers to interleave picking and re-stocking, all within the same workflow.
- Cartonization. The 6 River Systems cloud-based software can now determine the right size carton to use for picking and allow operators to induct varying container-sizes onto the same Chuck.
- Zone picking. Warehouses can break pick work up into multiple zones and enable Chuck and pickers to use pick and pass workflows to reduce walking in certain operations.
- Management consoles. Provides real-time information on the status of jobs and Chucks through a web-based application. Operators can view detailed analytics on the system and manage their implementations by adding users, products, and locations.
- Configure your own bot. Chuck comes in a variety of new configurations and models. Customers may increase their bot’s workspace by choosing Chuck+, a wider robot. Or, they might add another level to create a three-tray Chuck configuration. More on configurations here.
- Autonomous charging. Chuck doesn’t get tired and can run nearly 24/7 with the latest in battery technology, using opportunistic rapid-charging throughout the day.
6 River Systems has earned several accolades this year, including recognition from MassTLC, BostInno and Supply & Demand Chain Executive:
- MassTLC Finalist for Innovative Tech of the Year: Robotics
- 2018 BostonFest Coolest Companies Finalist
- Supply & Demand Chain Executive
About 6 River Systems
Today’s buying habits have changed the world of fulfillment forever. Customers demand better service but operators are stuck in the trenches, fighting today’s problems with yesterday’s tools. 6 River Systems knows that fulfillment is key to customer satisfaction. Starting with Chuck, a collaborative mobile robot, 6 River Systems is building fulfillment solutions that power the winning warehouses of tomorrow.