Fully automated picking for high-velocity SKUs
GAIN OPERATIONAL SCALE, MEET CUSTOMER DEMAND
To keep pace with rising consumer demands and a declining labor supply, companies are seeking ways to gain operational scale.
Fast Lane enables mid- to high-volume operators to fully automate the picking process for high-velocity SKUs. This improves fulfillment performance and allows warehouse associates to perform higher impact tasks and functions.
Fast Lane is a component of 6 River Systems’ end-to-end fulfillment solution. Fast Lane allows operators to utilize robotic picking to fully automate high-velocity SKU fulfillment. Fast Lane merges seamlessly into the manual picking process.
“6 River Systems keeps strengthening the application of robotics to align with pressing strategic enterprise considerations such as labor market challenges.”
Research Director, IDC
FAST IMPLEMENTATION & ROI
Fast Lane can be implemented as part of a new 6 River Systems project or in facilities where Chuck is already used for picking.
Typically, ROI is achieved in 18-24 months for a single cell and 12-18 months for two or more fully utilized cells.
IS FAST LANE RIGHT FOR YOUR OPERATION?
Ideal SKUs for Fast Lane are fast moving "top off" items, such as batteries or fast moving promotional items.
Each Fast Lane workcell can pick 300 units per hour from a pool of up to 8 SKUs. The workcells are 8’ x 8’ by 8’ (or 2.5 m x 2.5 m x 2.5 m) and are set up adjacent to the active pick area.
- Dimensions: Fit into a 6” x 6” x 6” (or 15 cm x 15 cm x 15 cm) cube.
- Weight: Less than 2 pounds.
- Handling: Must be easy to pick with one hand.
- If cartonized, product must be sealed shut.
We partner with leading robotic solutions providers, including Soft Robotics.
HOW IT WORKS
- Chuck travels autonomously to the Fast Lane cell.
- The robotic arm picks and puts items directly into the totes on Chuck.
- Chuck travels autonomously to packout.
- Fast Lane can be used to seed, "top off," or pick entire orders.